Friday, September 28, 2007

CoH - Strings


from Raster-Noton website:

Strings is primarily an attempt to reconcile the aesthetics of digital sound with that of the more traditional music instruments and to enrich the respective domains with the qualities of each other. in a larger scale, the album targets the stereotypes in today's perception of music, trying to smooth out the borders between academic and popular, traditional and contemporary, serious and amusing - all in favour of music. the choice of instruments follows COH's own experience in music: from years of piano lessons as a child, through playing in a heavy metal band during teenage, further to the recent years of work in the area of digital sound and composition.

Label: Raster-Noton
Cat. #: R-N 85
Format: 2xCD
Release date: 2007

Tracklisting:
1-01 - Part I - Sidereal As If Not - I.I - Piano Tranquillo (08:03)
1-02 - Part I - Sidereal As If Not - I.II - Andante Facile (06:00)
1-03 - Part II - No Monsters No Rock - II.I - Mezzo Forte Passionato (06:11)
1-04 - Part II - No Monsters No Rock - II.II - Vittorioso Calando (06:55)
1-05 - Part III - Euphrates III.I - Spiritoso, Con Amore (11:40)
1-06 - Part III - Euphrates III.I - III.II - Devoto Maestoso Al Fine (06:50)
2-01 - SU-U (16:59)

Links:
CoH
Raster-Noton

No comments: